Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: buckworks & webwork

Message Too Old, No Replies

provider refuses domain transfer

asia domains, problems with ipmirror, domain transfer

1:03 am on Apr 23, 2010 (gmt 0)

5+ Year Member

Hopefully this post is not abusing any of your forum rules. Also I would like to apologize for my bad english. Why I am writing this here, is because I hope that somebody has a tip for us, how to get help in this matter and also to warn other people not to make the same mistakes.
We are a small engineering company in Mexico, what have registrated some dot-asia-domains whis Ipmirror (Singapore). Since February 2010 we try to transfer our domains from the Ipmirror to our new provider. But we donīt get a valid auth code from Ipmirror. Over weeks they did not answer. Then they wanted a contact ID from Asia. We gave them the contact ID from our new provider, which has also registrated our other dot-asia-domains. But again no answer. In a phone call they didnīt want to accept the contact ID from our new provider. Finally they checked one of our domains we have with the new provider for the contact ID and told me on the phone that now they would send the auth code per mail. But nothing happen. So we lost already two domains due to date of expireing (they have now the redemption status). I have already sent several mails to the registry.asia organization, but also no answer. As in the next 3 weeks 4 more domains are going to expire, I hope that somebody can give us an idea how to save our domains.
This is also not the first problem we have got with Ipmirror. It took us about two years to get our money from the refunds of unsuccessfull landrush domains back. Only after publishing the case in the net and sending them the link, they answered to our mail and we got our money.
Thanks for any comments!
9:34 am on Apr 23, 2010 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member kaled is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

If the domain names are important to you, renew them and then worry about transferring them to another registrar.
8:13 pm on Apr 23, 2010 (gmt 0)

5+ Year Member

Thanks Kaled, that will give us some more time, but is a quit expensive step without a real solution. (Ipmirror has only 2 year contracts, with additional payment for the local admin contact. We found already several cases, where people fighting now since years to transfer their domains, without any progress.
12:46 pm on Apr 24, 2010 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member kaled is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

If you can contact others who have had similar problems with this registrar then I suppose you could raise a complaint with ICANN - they have the power to withdraw accreditation. However, if these domains are important to you, I stand by my recommendation to renew them.

You may find this interesting [webmasterworld.com...]

5:22 pm on Apr 24, 2010 (gmt 0)

5+ Year Member

Many thanks for your answer! We already raised a complaint con ICANN some days ago, still waiting for an answer. But I will try also to contact other people as you say. I donīt know them personaly, only found that cases in other blogs. But lets see what we can do. Is there any chance to get the two domains back which are in redemption status?