News Corp has replaced the CEO of the social networking site MySpace less than a year after hiring him, and said a discussion of his priorities led both sides to agree to a parting. Owen Van Natta, whose resignation is effective immediately, will be replaced by Mike Jones and Jason Hirschhorn as co-presidents, News Corp said on Wednesday.
Van Natta could not be reached immediately for comment.
rogerd
4:56 pm on Feb 15, 2010 (gmt 0)
Hmmm, I'd imagine that co-president arrangement might be difficult to sustain long-term.
sem4u
5:00 pm on Feb 15, 2010 (gmt 0)
Yes, it can be quite difficult when two people are in charge. It is not much of a surprise that the CEO is leaving...they have lost a lot of ground to Facebook over the last year or so.
Bewenched
5:50 pm on Feb 16, 2010 (gmt 0)
With all the performance issues it's no wonder that they are losing ground to Facebook.