Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: rogerd
Today we’re beginning the global beta rollout of a new functionality on MySpace that empowers our users to sync their MySpace status updates with their Twitter feed. Any U.S. user can opt-in to sync their status so that any update created on MySpace will appear in your Twitter feed and any Twitter feed update will appear within your MySpace status & mood.
To enable sync with Twitter, we are using open authentication technology, OAuth. OAuth allows limited data to be shared between sites while protecting your account credentials. This makes syncing easy and keeps your information confidential.
Syncing functionality includes:
· Status updates synced from MySpace to Twitter and vice versa
· Updates originating from MySpace will be noted as such on Twitter and vice versa
· Status syndication can be enabled for one-way or two-way
· When updates post to Twitter, readers have a link back to MySpace to make commenting easy
· Enables on-the-go status syncing (for Twitter and MySpace Mobile – WAP and apps)
· Open authentication technology (OAuth) protects account credentials and data shared between sites