Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: LifeinAsia

Message Too Old, No Replies

Revshare and Youtube Ads

revshare youtube revenue sharing

6:37 am on May 11, 2007 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:May 9, 2007
votes: 0

I know this isnt regarding Adsense but I think its the most relevant area for this question...

I have been contacted by Youtube to do Rev sharing with my videos on Youtube.com. Google needs me to fill out a US Tax form (W8 or W9). Because I am not based in the US I am pretty sure I fill out a W8. But there are 4 different kinds of W8's.

W-8BEN, W-8ECI, W-8EXP, and W-8IMY

Anyone had similar dealing or situation with Google and Youtube. What form did you submit?


12:48 pm on May 11, 2007 (gmt 0)

Moderator from AU 

WebmasterWorld Administrator anallawalla is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

joined:Mar 3, 2003
votes: 21

I'm in Australia and I have used W8-BEN for a few US merchants.
2:37 pm on May 18, 2007 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Nov 20, 2004
votes: 0

Not on Youtube, but everywhere else I had to fill in an 8BEN. I live in Israel.