Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
The problem I'm facing is I'm not able to access the passing value in the next form, since I'm initializing the value for the HASH variable at the starting, and because of that I'm always having null value at that form.
Can some one help me to solve this issue.
I assume you are using Storable to freeze/thaw the data. I believe that will work but I have never tried it for a CGI script. As long as you are using a disk file to store the data it sounds like it should work. The problem might be in how you are using it, which nobody here can see.
Thanks for the replies, it just the programming error I did which lead to the above problem.
Basically what I tried to do is...
1. keep dummy value in Hash as intial value as "Dummy", 0.
2. Convert the Hash into string using "Thaw"
3. Pass it on to next form in the hidden field
4. Get the string from hidden field
5. Convert the string back to Hash using "Freeze"
6. Get the values given by the user in the previous form and update the value in the Hash (Now Hash contains both the initial value as well as the previous form activated values)
7. Repeat steps 2 to 6 in all the forms where you want the values of previous form variables
When I programmed I left the 4th step which lead to current values always in the Hash.
After 1 full day frustation I found the basic problem in the next days with in 10mts..
Break is better always.. it seems.
Anyway thanks for all the help. With this problem only I found "Only string can be passed through hidden field not Hash" while googling. Also found there is possibility to pass the Hash as Hidden field by converting Hash into string and vice versa using the "Freeze-Thaw" module available in the CPAN.
Thanks once again.