Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
The limitations in the application are as follows:
1) We are using Basic Authentication for the users to connect to our application. With this HTTP Basic authentication the Web client sends the user credentials with each and every request, therefore, the Oracle sessions will be built on each navigation of the user through the screens.
2) Basic access authentication is supported by all popular web browsers but the authentication realm which prompts for user credentials is dependent on the browsers. i.e.,in IE the system will prompt the authentication realm 3 times where as in NN, Firefox and other browsers the authentication realm will be prompted for infinite times when the suer enters the wrong username.
3) Basic Authentication is dependent on the browsers and its Session when killed will behave differently for each type of browser.
4) As the application is developed on Mod_PL/SQL there is no concept of session variables and we are trying to pass the values as parameters to all packages.
5) Application is not compatible with all the browsers.It Behaves diffently in different browsers.
Please reply us stating the technology that overcomes the limitations and that is compatible to all browsers.