joined:July 25, 2008
I'm using XAMPP 1.6.7 and would like to import my forum's database to my test server. I'm having difficulty trying to find a way to import the database. I've been looking up ways to do this for a couple days days now, but every solution I'm finding is failing and I'm becoming frustrated. This seems like such a basic procedure, so what am I missing?
What I've tried:
- On my live servers I use SSH to import/export my databases. I don't have access to import databases like this locally as far as I'm aware.
- I get an error when trying to upload with phpmyadmin because the file is 'too large'. It's 170 megabytes.
- I cannot get BigDump to work. I get this error: "Database connection failed due to Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"
- I found a website that said I could edit phpmyadmin's config.default.php file to use an upload directory ($cfg['UploadDir'] = '';), but that config file states: "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, EDIT config.inc.php INSTEAD". config.inc.php does not have that line and I don't know where I would add it.
- I've found some sites with queries to import files, but I don't know where to enter these commands other than phpmyadmin, which isn't working for this.
- I'm getting 'access violation' errors when I try to open winMySQLAdmin directly, so I haven't been able to see if there is a way to do it from there.