Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: werty
Multiple submits of the actual bid amount I want does not seem to change the high bid MS is returning. I even get the little pop message stating that I am entering a high bid, and I should review it... Bug?
RE: the high bids issue - could you please let me know how you're submitting new keywords when this happens for you? i.e. copying and pasting or importing? In the meantime I will check in with adCenter support about this.
Is this happening for anyone else?
the high bids issue happened to me the other day and scared the pants off of me.
On the keyword performance/price estimation tab, I entered a new maximum base bid and clicked "apply to all keywords." I then sorted by base bid to make sure the bids were correct. I saw $2.00, $5.00, and $42.00 bids! The maximum base bid I entered was a far lesser dollar amount. It was a small percentage of total keywords that were affected, but it could've been devastating had I not caught it.
Like any other previous update – this one comes with new bugs and a lot of disappointment.
I called the support center again.
I got the confirmation that - after this update:
-bids are simply adjusting themselves
-during the weekend the ads were not properly displayed. I estimate 7-8x less exposure then normal over this last weekend
-the conversion tracking was not working either
As far as I am concerned – this update was a disaster compare to the last ones!
No other comment!
WE WANT A PRODUCT THAT WORKS AND IS EASY TO USE. Why is no one hearing us and addressing this? We've been complaining about the same issues over and over and over and we are being ignored.
AdCenter411, who do we need to talk to? Who do we need to write? What do we need to do? What are the plans? I've hung in here in the dark with reassurances that "we hear your complaints." But now, when an update is done, it screws up the bidding process MAJORLY, and we're told this is for a Content Ad rollout and not to correct the defects in the existing product, what should we think?
We are your customers. No customers=no AdCenter. Don't you want your customers to be happy?
This problem is very easy to duplicate... just take any order in Adcenter (an order with a large # of keywords may make it easier to notice), and click Price Estimation. Enter in a max bid for all keywords, say $0.20. The UI will then return the new estimates, and state at the top something like: Based on the keywords you selected, you have a maximum cost-per-click (Max CPC) of USD 3.51. Re-enter $0.20 and get another estimate - it will again return a high bid, way above what you are entering. Check the keywords below, and most will be at $0.20 but a fair number will be higher - often MUCH higher. I have seen bids as high as $43 when I was entering $0.25 or so.
Needless to say, this is pretty scary to see, since if you arent paying attention, you could easily end up bidding way more than you want to. When you enter a max bid, you assume that will be the MAX you will pay. Not potentially 2 to 100 times more.
[edited by: Need3lives at 8:12 pm (utc) on Oct. 12, 2006]
I'm continuing to work but I'm sorting my bids and changing the erroneous ones by hand, then saving and sorting again to make sure it took. It's a GIANT PIA but I can't wait around for them to fix it as some of the things I'm working on are time sensitive.
Also, be careful with editing by hand - I tried that also, and it seems at least a few of them reverted when I saved. Ouch... hopefully resolved soon.
joined:Mar 8, 2002