Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: travelin cat
I just upgraded to an Intel iMac 2.4 20" model and it is a fast beautiful machine....except...
When I load certain websites...(even ones I built on the g4) I can browse a few pages but then it stops. Looks like it is going to load the page but it never finishes loading the page. Actually I cant load any pages after that. I click and it it just sits there....If I relaunch the browser, it works fine for a minute then does it again.
This is a real issue as the site I need to browse is my main company website that I am constantly am working on and building. <snip>
If there is anyone who has ever experienced this issue and solved it please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. I havent found any similar issues doing google searches.
I am using OSX 10.5.8, 1gb ram
BTW: This issue occurs on Firefox and Safari so it doesnt seem to be a browser issue. Thanks for your input.
1. Create a new user account, and see if you see the issues there. If not, something in your user account got corrupted.
2. Zap the PRAM.
3. Connect to the internet through a different network.
5. If you visit the site in Safari and it becomes unresponsive, does FF become unresponsive too?
6. Check Activity Monitor -- is the browser chewing up CPU time?
7. Does a FF browser on a PC also freeze up on the site?