Hi there webmasters, long story short Netbeans and Java have been a pain lately, is installed but won't run, I want to uninstall but it doesn't appear as installed. Already read the thread about "is rm remove same as uninstall?" here [webmasterworld.com
...] YES I know and yes I agree on using the package managers but here everything failed.
- Installed Netbeans via Ubuntu Software Center, everything seemed fine, it launched the app finebut FAILED to create projects.
- The package is BROKEN, if you take a look at it on the Ubuntu Software Center LOTS of comments advice to AVOID IT and to just download and install the app via browser and terminal.
- After searching the web I found many people solving the problem changing the JAVA version, so I tried the command line option, it downloaded another version of java, done.
- Then Netbeans is gone from the menu, no launcher, can't launch the app
- The files are still there and I'm clueless on what to do to make it run
- I want to uninstall it but the Software Center shows "install" as if I had removed it.
- The disk space reflects the whole installation still being there
- OUCH, sorry can't afford to reinstall my Xubuntu now that I have my local dev server running with a bunch of stuff that was a pain in the ..ss to configure.
Any help will be appreciated.
I want to make Netbeans run
Or to fully uninstall it recovering my disk space (space is not the problem, is about having only the files I need.
Thanks in advance.