joined:June 14, 2010
I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal Desktop and and 13.04 Raring Ringtail Desktop has been available for for some time.
I have delayed upgrading because I still have one final project I'm working on and was apprehensive about the potential of an upgrade-gone-wrong.
I have no complicated external devices beyond basics, and internally one program that depends on Wine.
This will be the first time upgrading a Linux OS for me. I have a simple question.
Beyond the obvious task of creating an external backup of my onyx for safe-keeping to ensure I don't loose data should I:
- Perform a complete wipe of the drive and fresh install from CD, or...
- Upgrade existing installation from the command line using aptitude?
I've been wanting to wait until my final project was completed but now I'm wondering if I should upgrade to maybe potentially flush out any gremlins in which case a full reinstall might be better?
Any other pointers or insight would be appreciated too, thanks.