With thanks to netmeg for starting the main algo discussion
[webmasterworld.com]. I want to bring attention to the updated factors relevant to link development in this discussion. The official Google blog post is here
[insidesearch.blogspot.com], please read it because there are some changes there that may affect your link building.
The main algorithm changes reflect what many in last months discussion believed was the main thrust of recent changes. Here are the changes relative to link building that were officially announced:
- Tweaks to handling of anchor text
- Improvements to processing for detection of site quality.
- Better interpretation and use of anchor text.
Here are some other changes that could have some effect, but it is debatable at best:
- Fewer “sibling” synonyms.
- Better synonym accuracy and performance.
- Less aggressive synonyms.
- Remove deprecated signal from site relevance signals.
The synonym parts are probably not link related. But could it be tied to how anchor text is tweaked?
What about the deprecated signal? Was that something affecting PageRank flow?