Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: not2easy

Message Too Old, No Replies

How to make a border img that surrounds text.

12:07 am on Dec 19, 2007 (gmt 0)

New User

5+ Year Member

joined:Dec 15, 2007
posts: 38
votes: 0

I'm new to photoshop, and I need to know how to make a darker border around a box. Similar to what you see on MSN.com - with the headers 'money' and 'fox sports' (just for a reference).

Thanks ahead of time.

2:30 pm on Dec 20, 2007 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Oct 4, 2002
votes: 0

Hi Gotgame45

What you see there is not done in photoshop. Its done using CSS background and border properties.

If you have not come across this before you may well be best heading over to the CSS forum.


Plenty of useful guidance in the library too:


Cheers, Limbo

1:23 am on Mar 1, 2008 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

5+ Year Member

joined:Feb 27, 2008
votes: 0

Limbo is right, those are CSS (MSN.com - 29 Feb 2008).

Though, if this was purely a Photoshop question, if you right click on the layer there should be "blending options". Go to stroke and you'll find the ability to add borders to your text and other shapes/layers you select.


Join The Conversation

Moderators and Top Contributors

Hot Threads This Week

Featured Threads

Free SEO Tools

Hire Expert Members