joined:Feb 16, 2017
My adsense has been on the wane for a couple of years now. Partly due to me being lazy with content creation and partly I think Adsense has sidelined the site as a result of that.
I put up mediadotnet for nearly three weeks now and so far I can't tell how its going to play out. Since I want to test out Media properly I have given it 80% of the ads on the site with the remaining slots to adsense.
I have read few threads about Media on this forum and its difficult to tell from peoples responses whether it could be a good source of income. I need increasing revenues to grow the site. I need to pay good writers from the income I make from it.
I did pretty well from Adsense for a few years, nothing like even the semi big earners here, but was able to make decent coin, pay for content, etc.
I have a few questions about Media
1) How long does it take for them to fully optimize the ads?
2) Do earnings generally increase greatly after they've optimized?
3) Common complaint from what I've read is that for some people earnings are quite or sometimes even on par with adsense for a while before they come crashing down. Is this very common? My traffic is overwhelmingly US, rest 30% mainly UK, Canada and Australia.
4) I am seeing the same links appear in all the units sometimes. Are visitors seeing the same or is it just me? This might not necessarily be a bad thing as the ads units are located above and below fold, so there's extra chance of one being clicked because the links do seem very contextual to the content on page.
5) Media only pays after someone clicks on an ad and not the initial link. I have tested some of the links (obviously not clicking on any ad on the following page) and quite often I don't see proper ads but search ads and links to other content pages? I've been assured by my Media representative that visitors are seeing real ads. Also there's huge variation in RPM from one day to the next.