My CTR is now 1/3 of what it used to be consistently. The lowest in 6 years. February was bad, March worse, and now in April, it is the worst. I have changed nothing.
What do you think might be the cause?
1. Advertisers are making lousier ads, because the advertisers are of lower quality.
2. The fewer ads available offer less choice to clickers.
3. AdSense is losing the ability to target. All the smart Googlers have moved on.
4. Crappy substitution fonts are being way overused, resulting in fewer clicks.
5. AdSense is serving far TOO MANY interest-based ads, which simply don't work.
6. Ad blindness is increasing at a rapid rate, because users are becoming more sophisticated.
The trend is alarming and profound. New avenues of revenue must be explored. The AdSense outlook is not good, CTR-wise anyway.