Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: martinibuster
joined:July 3, 2008
I'm based in NL and most advertisers come from NL also. The tax authorities might decide that Google's role is only to shift money from NL to Ireland and back to NL again in which case VAT would be applicable. Google won't pay VAT so that leaves us with a problem.
Of course we claim doing business with Google and not with any particular advertiser but as long it's not clear how this situation is handled by the tax authorities I don't want to change either.
This is *not* only about changing currency!
without any response.
I'm wonder of we are now with this redirection forced (on direct or indirect way) to switch to local currency or not?
There is still option to accept or not with return to Adsense account.
My question if we chose "No, I do not accept the above Terms and Conditions. - Return to my Adsense account" can we then later still have option to switch or it is definitive? And should such a decision have any other negative consequence for us?
From other side om Adsense blog state:
"We encourage you to update your account to local currency reports soon, as we may require this change in the future"
Does this mean that each publisher from Europe should be sooner or later forced to update account to local currency and changed contract from Google Inc. to Google Ireland Limited with all other changes?
It's much like adwords, where YOU pay VAT and deduct afterwards.
Google can deny all they want, they are required by law to pay Irish VAT. They don't lose any money on it though, since VAT is treated as a business pre-taxation.