Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
1. Increase the size of the competitive filter
2. Ability to block by advertiser account
3. Ability to block by keywords in ad copy
4. Useful statistics, e.g. which ads were clicked
5. Meaningful communication, e.g. feedback on the status of feature requests
6. Ability to activate/deactive CPM in the admin panel
7. Ability to stop CPM ads from showing completely
8. Ability to select number of ads per ad block
9. Ability to select fonts within ad blocks, i.e. treat fonts just like colors
10. Provide a convenient tool that allows us to identify Flash ad URLs (for blocking purposes)
How about that?
But as I said, I really like the idea that Google listens to us.
It would also be great if Google stopped messing around with the fonts, I strongly suspect that the odd days when my CTR goes down recently is due to this.
It would be great also, if we could specify a domain and see all the ads currently running on that site.. scroll through it and kick advertisers as required. It's tedious to go through every page and check ads. That's just my wish list.
Oh, and how about some new ad formats? Something between a banner and a leaderboard perhaps?
I keep getting this when I log on:
Are you one of the following people?
If so, then you've already updated your login to a Google Account.
Return to AdSense and use your Google Account to sign in.
Even if I click I am that person and log in again I get the same message. If I follow the wizard I get that account already exists.
I would really like this to be fixed.
To make this thread more useful, also maybe for Google, I also would like to stress the "meaningful communication" request. I wonder why you, ASA, are not actively seeking discussion on the features requested. Do you or the Adsense team understand each and every single request? I remember feature request lists from the past where I scratched my head and wondered, "what the heck does this guy mean?"
But there was NEVER a single question back, like "could you elaborate more", or "how should this work in real life", or maybe even a "looks complicated to us, but we've put it on our lists". Nothing. Nada. Zip. Silence. That makes these threads so utterly useless in terms of a discussion forum. (Hence the overwhelming joy to fill in the exact same requests that have been posted for how many moons by now?)
Sometimes I just think that your team do not understand our pains. Not at all.
For example, the increased filter size or better blocking tools in general. All 200 slots on my filter are used. But do I see 200 individual advertisers? No. I just see MFAs (not made-for-adsense, but made-for-ads!), and there are a few guys that run the "domain game".
Yes, that's right. Seven more or less identical domains, run by the same guy, all pointing to the same useless crap, a page stuffed with ads from Yahoo!, and each of the domains at some point in time promoted through Adsense. This is a royal PITA, I can tell you. And this guy has another seven domains in my filter list. All the same. Now, I'd like to hear from your product team:
1) Do you think this is "okay"? Why?
2) If no, how do you think that we publishers should handle this, as you are apparently unwilling or incapable of doing it for us?
But, there is silence from The Plex, as always. THAT'S WHY this monthly feature request bonanza is a joke. By the way, do you remember the time, in your beginnings here, when you wanted to collect feature requests on a WEEKLY basis? Hah! WE KNEW that this would not work.
So here are my revised requests:
1. I would like to be able to customise my adsense panel with pretty colors and borders.
2. Perhaps display little motivational jingles to publishers upon logging in.
3. Place one of those animated speech things to answer faq's or to make announcements, so that we don't feel unloved.
4. Write our names inside our Christmas card.
5. Round off low paying clicks to the nearest cent.
[edited by: Scurramunga at 8:58 am (utc) on July 2, 2008]
Maybe if we politely, keep putting in our requests on a monthly basis.. we may actually get through..
As they say..the river can cut thru. the hardest rock.. it just takes a little time ;-)
- Seriously stop injecting the words lesbian and gay in the link units on pages that have no such keywords or anything related to them please!
Also, I've always wanted to use sizes that are not offered. Maybe a dynamic sized ad box would be cool... Some premium sites get to show ad box sizes I've never seen offered to regular publishers, along with custom fonts, etc.
Hopefully those features make it out to the rest of us...
Thanks for listening!
I would also like more transparency about which ads are placement targeted, Doubleclick, or regular Content Network. I would like to be able to block a single image ad without having to turn off both placement targeting in the Ad Review Center *and* all image ads.
ASA, with the retiring of Referral ads, it is now even more essential for Google to give us a way to trace back where an ad impression was made on which page.
Many us have too many pages to be able to track all ads displayed, some pages are just forgotten, and once you pull the plug, there will be a lot of ugly "This page cannot be displayed" boxes on the Internet.
I am proposing you add a feature now that allows publishers to insert an alternate ad for each referral box size that can no longer be displayed.
This way we can all look into our stats and trace back which pages are calling those alternate ads and have them fixed, also some of us can use it to insert AdSense or another network ad code.
Please give this one a priority before the web starts looking like it's broken, give us a smooth transition.
P.S. Save Firefox, retire parked domains instead.