joined:Feb 19, 2012
Section "X" of our website has thin content. It has about 4000 pages (4% of all pages). The other 96,000 pages (96%) are normal.
We were probably not hit by the Panda update and the site is doing OK.
Organic traffic to section X is slightly decreasing, but it could have many factors, including freshness, etc... This section "X" is not really important but has good ad conversion rates, so we kept it.
1. Is the overall website at risk by having 4% thin content pages?
2. If we decide to cancel section "X" and redirect 301 its pages to existing pages and move the content, is there a way to rank for the old keywords as well?