Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: goodroi
The Federal Trade Commission has opened a preliminary antitrust investigation into Google's planned $3.1 billion purchase of the online advertising company DoubleClick, an industry executive briefed on the agency's plans said yesterday.
The inquiry began at the end of last week, after it was decided that the Federal Trade Commission instead of the Justice Department would conduct the review, said the executive, who asked not to be identified because he had not been authorized to speak. The two agencies split the duties of antitrust enforcement.
Google DoubleClick Deal Brings U.S. FTC Scrutiny [nytimes.com]
I have had enough of Google swallowing the entire net. I want the Feds to stop this.
For us WEBMASTERS here on Webmaster-world online advertising is THE only market.
As far as June 1 is concerned, it's been "Mene, mene, tekel, Upharsim" for a long time. The people affected by June 1 should have seen the handwriting on the wall long ago and made preparations. Besides, that's off topic for the matter of concern here, the Adsense purge is a done deal.