Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
- This aint work. We make our livings (many of us) by staying at home, being with our kids, doing what we want when we want, and while it can be stressful we dont work hard for our money. Go spend a day roofing for $10 an hour, or digging a ditch, then tell me how much you love adsense.
- It is improving. If your doing it right it does get better each month, my rate of growth is basically 70% per month, but others do worse & better, but keep in mind your doing better then you were last month (hopefully)
- We have a community thanks to WW. I am new to this site, but I assure you as soon as google payment comes in I am paying for an account. I think its great that we can meet here and help each other out, even with just some good thoughts.
- Longevity. Despite what some old banner advertisers tell you this wont end tommorow. Google stock is still under valued even as it approaches $420, why? Because unlike banner advertisers, the people who we are selling clicks to are happy with thier ROI (return on investment for those unfamaliar with term) so I would estimate that we have 3-5 years of "good times" left. More then enough to set yourself up quite nice.
- In 1980 our lives would have been a fantasy to most working stiffs. Ok we dont make as much as we would like sometimes but many of us are over 5k or even 10k a month. And believe me there are many over 50k a month, why do they not post? If you had 50k a month income would you be reading this or sunning on your new boat?
The point is people lets take a minute and be really thankful for what we have. Sure payments are not always on time (hell I aint been paid in 3 months due to pin number) but I will never forget what it was like to see my kids going with out while I worked 50+ hours a week making 1/4 of what I make now. So smile, its getting better every day :)
please post any good thoughts you may have for others, if you wanna flame me do it in a sticky mail :)
Sometimes it's hard to believe we get paid for this! Let alone that some get paid very well and others even better than that.
When you read through threads like the recent Share 3 Adsense Tips [webmasterworld.com] you realize this isn't rocket science.
It's mostly in the details, if you have a site that that has decent traffic numbers.
I started my main website as a hobby years ago and now I'm getting thousands of visitors a day. I'm still a student and it's funny to see I'm earning way more with my websites than they earn with their holiday jobs.
Thanks to lots of hard work this month is my best month ever and I believe August will even be better.
My short-term goal is to reach the UPS club ($10k) but that's just the beginning ;) I also have a couple of long-term goals but they will require lots more (smart) work..
Up until March we were paying all AdWords advertising out of pocket to support the B&M business.
Now AdSense is covering most, if not all, our advertising costs and will bring in in excess of $10,000 this year if trends keep up.
I couldn't be happier and the B&M business is running at 100% capacity.
Now if I could just find some time to get away from this computer!
Thank you for such a positive post! It always brings a smile to my face to know that there are real publishers out there who are benefiting from and enjoying AdSense.
Iím sending this thread to the product and engineering teams, who will be excited to see some publisher enthusiasm for AdSense.
As Iíve said before, we appreciate all of the feedback we receive on this forum.