Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: martinibuster
1. Don't ever click on your AdSense ads.
2. Take time to read other experiences on this forum. The best way to search this forum is to use Google search with key phrase: Webmasterworld AdSense "keyword topic".
Play with different ad formats and colors
Use channels for tracking
Put the ads in different locations on the page to see what performs best
Some people (including me) use a tracking script to monitor their ads in more detail than what Google gives you. If you have a high enough volume of traffic to warrant spending a little money, get one.
Take an hour and search through all the posts for webmasters who have been banned. There are dozens of cases on this board alone.
The big picture is years of monthly income, not just one big month.
Seasoned AdSense users have just one concern; getting banned. We all have the fear of God in us and wouldn't even consider risking loosing AdSense for a couple of extra dollars.
You need to read through the posts and get this same fear. Then, it will be time to start optimizing.
Seasoned AdSense users have just one concern; getting banned.
Only if they are pushing the limits of the program. I don't really worry about anything relating to adsense other than what day the check shows up. As long as you play by the rules, you shouldn't get dropped.
Thanks for all the info, GREAT FORUM
Adsense works best on sites that visitors want to visit because of the topic, and want to come back to again. So concentrate on getting the site right, and Adsense will work well for you. Adsense isn't a get rich quick scheme, and as the others have said you can get banned for TOS violations, so make sure you understand what the TOS means. You can always ask here for clarifications. Making a site for Adsense is against the TOS btw.
Experiment in banner style, placement and different pages within the site. What works on one site doesn't necessarily work on another. It takes time and a bit of experimentation to see what will work best for you.
* Experiment with colors (This improved my earnings)
* Use channels (Makes it easy to see whats hotornot)
* Experiment with different placement. Try not to make it look like the ads are a part of the normal site links. (Infact, the TOS forbids this). (DO not make the border color the same as the background color. All parts of the ads must show)
* You are allowed to place up to three different adsense banners, but on pages with little content, 1 or 2 of these will probably show public service ads (unpaid ads). On low content pages, make sure the first banner (Codewise) is in the field of view.
Last, but not least, DO NOT click your own ads. Not even to "test" them. They work.