Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
* A bigger piece of the revenue-pie for the publisher.
* Better and faster tracking.
* Real-time updates.
* A list letting you see your best performing pages.
* Other payment options: direct deposit, paypal.
* Getting the check 2 weeks earlier.
Permitting users to define which ad block gets served first, second, and third such that we don't have to play games with css or tables to get ads served in the most appropriate order.
Positive and negative "hints", which Google can use (or not use) if nothing else to compare what they are serving to what webmasters want, and ideally to correct mismatches between ad content and page content.
Gotta be a way to do this from a technical standpoint .. though mebbe not something Team G would be comfortable providing us with.
As far as diret deposit .. oh I don't care so much .. but with my sinking US dollar .. mayby Euros .. or bushels of wheat would be worth more ;)
* Less "discounts" ($0.02 clicks are not acceptable, I say cap the minimum at a true $0.05)
* Less delay on channel reports (currently one day's report is delayed by 24 hours + 1 second, so take away the first 24 hours...)
* Smarter targeting (I see good targeting streaks and I see horrible targeting streaks, please stick with the good formulas and my CTR would thank you)
* Direct deposits (one check was lost in transit and I wasn't allowed to ask them to re-issue it until 70 days after the end of the month in question - not acceptable)
* Separate CTR/EPC tracking on images vs. text.
* Ability to maintain a registry list of IPs that can be automatically excluded from click tracking.
* Ad keyword filtering (I think this is already a premium option)
* Ability to set default generic date range (I would prefer "this month" to "today")
...That's all I can think of at the moment.
Ability to set default generic date range (I would prefer "this month" to "today")
I would like the reporting page to remember the criteria for the last report viewed, even after logging out.
Imagine how much time this would save in extra clicks with the average advertiser (like me) logging in 50 times a day to check stats!
(as an aside, wondering if the demand for DD is due to check size rather than convenience .. I mean, even if G offered DD .. I'd STILL have to deal with other affiliate program's funds that don't offer DD)
Finally, to reiterate what some others have said .. ability to block an IP (mine, eg) to help alleviate accidental click paranoia.
Would also help facilitate manual review of ads ..
And .. oh .. how about eliminating URLs from ads altogether to "discourage" the manual typeins by visitors that I know happens a lot.
Might be good for everyone's bottom line except, er, advertisers ..
Oh, and more ad formats.. That should be an easy one for G.
2. Ways to declare where are we working from (IPís). The threat of clicking by mistake is taking a lot of brain and emotional resources.
3. No URLs in the Ad. Names, Logos and URLs may be paid (partially) on a CPM basis.
Ok, on a more prictical note..I'd like some way of setting context. Google doesn't want everyone having keyword control, but I wouldn't mind being able to set up context. Eg Windows (Microsoft) or windows (window frames).
I'm surprised at how much demand there is for direct deposit. I, for one, am beginning to think DD is not such a good idea. With a cheque I can put it into whichever account I want and vary it from month to month. For tax purposes and other purposes it helps to have more control about where your money goes.
The higher % for publishers is again something I find difficult to understand. Google already pays publishers the lion's share of the ad cost (over 70% according to some reports).
I'd like to see the delay for channels removed. I'd like to see some formal way for publishers to approach Google to tweak widely off target ads. I'd like to see more columns in the stats page - maybe for the EPC that everyone seems so obsessed with :)