Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Anybody know what's going on?
I checked different browsers. I tried an old netscape communicator since it dosen't display the ad and the page loads. I went to many other websites that display adsense and the same thing.
This really bites because it is bad for my visitors and makes us look unprofessional.
As reported elsewhere on this board, I had the same problem earlier this week. It lasted for approx. 12 hours.
An interesting point is that international users of this site were able to see the Google ads on my site (I am located in Australia). However, friends locally (and via the same ISP) were also unable to see the ads. In addition, we were unable to see ANY Google ad on ANY network in Australia or Internationally (even the case-studies featured on Google's Adsense site).
So I'm thinking either:
1. There are occassional ISP blocking
2. There are occassional regional blocking
I don't mind losing the revenue. I do mind my entire site coming to a standstill, as the tower is usually within a table that needs to load first.
the tower is usually within a table that needs to load first.
Getting the tower out of a table will certainly help things load faster. I've got mine in an absolutely positioned DIV, and the page loads fast, even if the ads don't load. I highly recommend this approach.