Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
But in terms of digits, how many digits a day does your account bring in?
Mine does XX a day on good days. Do some people really make 5-6 digits a month?
Do you think this is something that can last long term?
Yes, I am sure that there is long term viability if you factor in the millions of possible advertisers still not on board. I also think that competing programs will be developed that might even prove to be better money makers for publishers.
Of course there are threats, but the improvement that can be obtained from additional advertisers at worst cancels out these threats. The biggest threat here is Google itself missmanaging the whole thing.
I'm in multiple markets where the ctr can be as little as .xx or xx.xx but I get minimal traffic to say the least on the xx.xx and xx,xxx per day on the .xx.
I am taking the time now to study my logs and the pages that are making good money and emphasise those specific keywords throughout the entire site, rather than just a few pages.
Fortunately I have a day-xxx!
Don't we see this same type thread every day?
I am constantly surprised at how hard they work to find ways around the TOS. They normally start by saying something like, "I know we can't discuss...".
That's kinda... sad.
Sorry, I will stay in my corner and nervously look around for anyone breaking societies unwritten rules. Earnings are ficticious numbers relating to pieces of paper that help you buy things to keep you happy.
If you didn't know how much others were getting, how would you be able to see how you are doing in the larger scale of things?
If we had to post the same 'type' of post in the same thread then we would have about 50 threads thousands of pages long. Nobody wants that. If a thread is exactly the same as a recent one, then I understand your monaning. But this one deals with issues that constantly change... I know you will disagree.
Let me help you loosen up those laces. =)
Seeing it confirmed in black and white on a near daily basis does nothing to help me....nor does the second most popular type of thread on this forum: "adsense earnings shooting up for me" or "adsense earnings plummeted over last 48 hours". (always followed by a hundred posts of the type "yeah, same here" or "no, I am doing great")
It just increases the noise-to-signal ratio on the forum and that is not a good thing for anyone.
just my 2 cents.....
I like comparing against others doing the same thing also, so I can see how I am doing within the actual field as opposed to overall, which is also useful.
He's right. If he wants to see how his site on blue widgets is doing compared to another blue widgets site, then the question is valid (although still against TOS).
Fair enough if you are tired of reading posts like this and "earnings up or down today". If you don't reply then you won't re-check the thread and waste more time, right? ;)
I *KNOW* there are a thousand people on this forum who earn a matter of a few dollars a day. I *KNOW* there are another thousand who earn twenty to fifty bucks a day and another thousand on top of that who earn fifty to a thousand dollars a day.
That's interesting. Can you post a link to the data that shows the # of subscribed users to this forum? I don't *THINK* I could speculate on the number of users or their earnings.
Perhaps the username "supermegahyperbole" is still available...
here are some of the reasons why this doesn't actually tell you anything:
- has he gone up from 3 clicks a day to 4. i.e is it statistically relevant what he is even claiming.
if we presume it is:
- is he selling blue widgets, reviewing them, giving the history of them, does he have a blue-widgets-suck.com site
- is he b2b or b2c
both of these questions more important than ever since the April 1 change...
- does he use ppc to attract traffic
- has he just sent out a newsletter to 5000 subscribers
- has his site just been on a local radio/tv station
- has that nice pr7 link he got finally showing up in google
- did he just change the colour of his adsense ads
- did he just change the placement of his adsense ads
- is he using image ads too with adsense
- is he only using skyscrapers
- is he only using boxes
- is he only using leaderboards
- is he only.....etc, etc
- did he just change the navigation on his whole site
- did he just stop showing pops across his whole site
- has a new advertiser just entered his own little corner of the blue widget market to which you are oblivious
- did he just go to his "block url" page on adsense and unblock them all
- did he just put the adsense code on a section of the site where it wasn't before
- did his dmoz listing finally come through
- did he just buy 50,000 uniques from ebay
and we could go on....
unless people come on here with a 2000-word breakdown of their site and the precise "context" within which their adsense earnings have gone up or down, it is all like so much fluff in the wind.
which is fine....as long as you realise that.