Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.147.63.124

Forum Moderators: incrediBILL & martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

Unable to access google.com/adsense today

Anyone else having problems?

     
10:10 pm on Jul 20, 2003 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 23, 2002
posts:532
votes: 0


This is very strange. I'm not having problems accessing any of Google's other properties or any other Web sites, but I get a "cannot find server" error whenever I try to access my AdSense account.

Anyone else experiencing this?

10:16 pm on July 20, 2003 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:July 19, 2003
posts:538
votes: 0


Not today, but I've noticed a lot of problems over the last few days. I've gotten everything from "Internal Server Error" to a general "Try again later" error to "Connection refused" or "connection timed out." This seems to be happening with Adsense and, at times, with Adwords as well.

Maybe Google didn't anticipate such a big response to Adsense, and doesn't quite have the capacity to keep up? Hopefully, they're working on adding more power to the system.

It's pretty surprising, really. I've always considered Google to be extremely stable, but the last few weeks I've had to reevaluate that stance a bit.

10:39 pm on July 20, 2003 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Sept 5, 2002
posts:1713
votes: 0


>> but I get a "cannot find server" error whenever I try to access my AdSense account

I am accessing from UK, and have not had any problems at all today, all up and running smoothly ;)

10:59 pm on July 20, 2003 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member jenstar is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

joined:Dec 22, 2002
posts:4663
votes: 0


I am in Canada, and I have not had any problems at all ;)
11:06 pm on July 20, 2003 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:July 18, 2003
posts:112
votes: 0


Fine for me also (UK)
1:06 am on July 21, 2003 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 23, 2002
posts:532
votes: 0


Ah ha! I figured out what had happened (though it took me a while!)

Apparently, something I installed changed the advanced config of IE 6.0, unchecking the box under Security: "Use TLS 1.0"

When I rechecked this, I could access the AdSense page.

And no, it wasn't a fluke. I tried unchecking it again, and voila, I was no longer able to access Adsense.

Weird. I don't even know what TLS 1.0 is, but I guess it's important :D

1:19 am on July 21, 2003 (gmt 0)

Junior Member from US 

10+ Year Member

joined:Nov 30, 2002
posts:162
votes: 0


TLS stands for "Transport Layer Security". TLS 1.0 is essentially SSL 3.1.
1:28 am on July 21, 2003 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 23, 2002
posts:532
votes: 0


Ah, thanks for that info! Strange that that'd be disabled. Oh well. Just glad to have access to AdSense again :)