Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
For me, it would be a self-optimisation feature. Different ad sizes and colour palettes could be split-tested and then recommendations compiled on what Google feels would work best, specifically for the context of your site.
You know, I have been playing whack-a-mole with one advertiser for several weeks now, and it really is annoying. Once I block the URLs that I am aware of, new sites start to pop up which I block as well. I would rather spend that time on developing my sites.
It is a well-known fact that when the font of the ads matches the font of the page, CTR goes up (blending).
2) Ability to disable the Expanded ads (i.e. the doubled font size overriding the default style). It disrupts the page design and spoils the user experience only to gain a few extra cents in the short term. But in the long term, visitors displeased with your tasteless pages (which you cannot control/prevent) might not want to return to your site (which means lower earnings).
If a comparable competitor offers such features in future (and Google does not), we will very likely switch. (I'm sure some of the YPN product designers are watching this forum closely.)
Realtime stats, lose the 15 minute delay.
The ability to determine where the "ads by gooogle" link goes (i.e. top, bottom, right, left).
For users receiving payment by EFT, remove or lower the payment minimum. Or perhaps after X amount of months of being a member.
Receive payments to Paypal account.
Adsense Debit Card.
Malicous click protection.
Max clickthrough per cookie, per day capability.
joined:Oct 27, 2001
(And please, don't bring up the tired argument that clicks from scrapers and other MFA sites convert--maybe they do and maybe they don't, but that doesn't mean all advertisers, and especially mainstream corporate advertisers, want their ads appearing on them.)
joined:May 6, 2005
joined:Sept 20, 2004
Failing that, discounted Google stock instead of earnings!
2. Echo of others requests to allow sites to be vetted and included in seperate listing for content
3. Make DOMAIN PARKING seperate from search or content as it can not be considered iether of these options ( I have heard advertisers on ADWORDS forum stating they stopped content as domain parking was eating major parts of budget with poor ROI and they thought it was part of content network
4. I would like to see CPM seperated out and ability to have a block for CPM adds only i.e. 1 or 2 adds that are site targetted not interfering with normal contextual advertising allowing Google to act as middle man broker with some level of transparency
just my own thoughts
1.Increased capacity for comp filter to block more than 200 urls
2.Ability to block by keyword, better still by advertiser account.
3.Ability for preview tool to show which ads are actually running on your particular website and ad block configurations for any country in real time.
I know these are very big asks, however I think it would be just as easy for Google to raise the bar in terms of quality for advertisers in order to weed out all of the poor quality spammers and MFA's etc
1) Transfer to Paypal Account.
2) Blended Search Box. (Granted - Thank You Genie)
3) Instead of a manual selection of sites for advertisers to choose from, what about a bank of advertisements that publishers can choose to display at a certain rate? Something along the lines of CJ? Advertisers would submit their ads into the bank at a fixed rate and publishers could decide which to display. This might also lead to an expansion of image ads which Google has yet to expand upon. If Google decided to offer premium pricing to larger clients, we could choose whichever ads we thought would convert well given our site pages, topics, etc. Nobody knows the web sites better than the owners.