Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
One of my sites uses a graphical background. It's one of my highest traffic sites and ironically has the lowest CTR. I've tried several ideas from blending to standing out, but because of my graphical background, I cannot try something I'd really like to attempt, which are borderless, completely blended ads (because of the graphical background on this site, no matter how closely I approximate the ad's background color, they always appear to be in a box).
So, I know this request is problematical, because it could potentially allow publishers to make parts of the ad invisible, but my Christmas Google wish is that we could have an option on ad units and link units for a transparent background.
Dear Santa Google,
1) I would like conversion ratio stats by channel
2) I would like CPC stats in report
3) I would like Adlinks and CPM ads to be seperated from content report
4) I would like refferals to pay at lesser increments let's say $5 (in case publisher disapears before reaching $100)
5) I would like you to publish our % cut per clicks from the price you charge the advertisers
6) I would like a detailed report where i can see con/search/refferals combined like overview
7) I would like Smart pricing to be smarter and calculated by page
8) I would like flashing lights and sirens when smart pricing is in effect
9) I would like my adsense money to be transferable to my adwords account
10) I would like bi-monthly cheques
11) I would like ability to buy Adwords from paypal
12) I would like to get paid Adsense through paypal
There you go! Enough for the twelve days of Christmas. Anyone care to put it to music?
joined:June 13, 2005
I would like:
1. To know which ad was clicked on
2. To know when the ad was clicked on - (so I can compare it with my stats and see how the person got to my website in the first place, search engine, search terms etc)
That would help enormously.
p.s. I have left a saucer of milk out for the Adsense reindeer ;)
A minimum number of ads option - I hate the appearance of leaderboards with just one ad, so I'd like the option of falling back on my alternate ad if that's all that's available.
The ability to set border color and "Ads by Gooogle" background colour separately.
The ability to set a minimum price for targeted ads, or to shut them off for an entire site (as opposed to blocking advertisers).
Additional ad unit shapes and sizes or, better, the ability to create custom shapes and sizes within reasonable parameters.
Some measure by which a publisher can determine if a site or account has been hit by "smart pricing" and (to the extent possible) why. If a responsible publisher has pages which aren't converting, let them know so that they can do something about it - or let them set a default that pages which convert below a certain level get the alternate ad (and no penalty) instead of AdSense ads. If nothing else, the provision of such information will save me from having to read thread after thread blaming normal fluctuations in click value on smart pricing. ;-)
And hourly adsense stats by RSS. That way I wouldn't have to check my stats all the time... :)
This feature can come in handy in many ways. An example of which, one may elect to disable all ads in the even of an click attack on your site.
This can't be hard, they already have algos that detect if you click your own ads. Have it check the clicks against the IP you supply too.
In fact it's so trivial to program that I suspect they have made a deliberate decision not to give us this ability. Maybe to keep us on our toes.
Maybe i would still want that google should be considerate enough that publishers are humans and not just pawns on their business chess.
joined:May 6, 2005
2. If our sites have been specifically targeted by an advertiser, give us separate stats for that so we can tell if we're actually benefiting from it.
3. Fix the mediabot so that it targets perfectly every time. I dislike having off-topic ads running and I do not like seeing ads for Southern California businesses when I'm in Northern Nevada. Although I spent the first 33 years of my life in Southern California, I don't think the mediabot was supposed to have psychic powers to detect that.