Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
My top joys:
1) Relevant search results. Thanks Google.
2) Fast loading pages.
3) Quick access to info from tons of different sources.
4) A place to make a living.
5) Easy way to publish to a worldwide audience.
6) Easy connection with people from other countries.
7) Place to share ideas.
8) Good discussion boards like this one.
What are yours?
on second thought:
14) finding a great cheap product in some deep south state site (at 2 or more sites) for 1/4 the price I could get it in Canada.
Dislike: shipping costs from the US
15) finding great scads (lots, really lots) of hobby information in very short timeframe.
16) being employed in the industry and the possibility of moving my hobby to a full-time paid work for myself type of position.
[edited by: WildAngel at 11:29 am (utc) on July 12, 2002]
* fast loading, easy to navigate and sophisticated designed pages - that validate!
* the fact, that lots of webservers are apache!
* living the open source idea, sharing knowledge and information easily
Pretty much most things about the web are positive, IMO for everyone and for me I know.
The web is progress, and old infamous threads like the "global village" thread simply spell out how much progress has been made by the 'net in 10 years.
It's all good ;) (well most of it)
I like the sheer pointlessness of some of it as well, people can just put any old rubbish thoughts down and they can be seen by anyone with an internet connection.
There's no 'editor' for the web, that's the best thing about it..
I also like having instant access to so much research and information. What I used to either have to buy reference books for or go to a library for I can now find online. The amount available information is staggering.
Surfing. I just like seeing how inventive people can be in dreaming up websites about their interests and hobbies. There are all sorts of talented and/or quirky things and people I never would have thought about without the Web.
The web allows everybody a chance to publish to the world. That is a function previously controlled only by a few very wealthy elites and large corporations. The value of that is only just now being calculated. I like it, I'm stunned by it, and it scares me at the same time.
Instant information on anything I want, at my fingertips (patience is *not* one of my virtues!). I can learn about anything I want!
The ability to work out of my beloved pink house (don't laugh!), organizing my day the way I want.
All the wonderful, intelligent, interesting people I come into contact with, each day, through the web.
1) finding relevant information quick, thanx google
2) fast loading, easy to navigate and sophisticated designed pages - that validate!
3) the fact, that lots of webservers are apache!
4) living the open source idea, sharing knowledge and information easily
I personally like especially the fact that it's easy to share information and knowlegde. Web is a place where everyone can express themselves. It's also wonderful to be able to meet people from all over the world.