Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
i edited the url out.
[edited by: little at 4:57 pm (utc) on Dec. 26, 2003]
One thing that I noted in your code, is the lack of any <h> tags. It might seem to be a small thing, but Googleguy has dropped hints that <h> tags is something that is looked for.....and therefore if not found what that might do.
The no urls is to keep the discussion generic, which is a great thing. Users can ask for help via sticky if necessary.
<added> BTW Welcome to Webmaster World. </added>
<added2> The lack of the backlink showing from on your other site could be because Google doesn't show backlinks from all sites with low PageRanks. </added>
I've heard of guys losing their wives because certain things have flopped;).....but none attributable to the Florida update. If a business can't withstand a Google update it is in pretty poor shape, if a marriage can't withstand a Google update it is better over and done with IMHO.
Back OT: little, I would read a lot of the info on this and other boards. Many of those that make a fortune still spend hours per day reading this stuff, just panning for another gold nugget buried in a thread somewhere.
Putting it all together will take time. GoogleGuy makes some excellent posts that can save you weeks of time and make you small fortunes.....but you have to interpret each as you see fit.
There is no "magic" solution. Follow the general good advice, be very, very patient, try some more things, then some more, and after 9 months or so you will start to see how it all hangs together.
Never put all your eggs in any one basket, such as free Google SERP's. Spread the play as much as possible. 4 years ago Google was almost irrelevant, and who is to say it won't be so 4 years from now?
1. It's so new the SE's haven't indexed it properly yet
2. Bad use of title tag and description tag
3. SE's can't navigate your whole site because of link problems
4. No-one linking to you
1. Wait :)
2. If your company was called Fred and your site was about red widgets, blue widgets and green widgets Don't use "Fred - we sell widgets" but instead use something like "Red widgets for sale, Green widgets, Blue widgets. Welcome to Fred"
3. If you use flash or any kind of java for navigation make sure you also have standard hyperlinks as an alternative on each page. If you have lots of pages consider having a site map.
4. Search out some good quality sites that will link to you. This will boost how often you will get your cache updated.