Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: bakedjake
Glade is a free user interface builder for GTK+ and GNOME. It is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Glade can produce C source code itself. C++, Ada95, Python & Perl support is also available, via external tools which process the XML interface description files output by Glade (see the Links page).
Glade is really easy to use, but it is also very robust. The famous Xfce [xfce.org] desktop was created with it.
abs spreadsheet [ping.be]
* abs is a stand alone state of the art spreadsheet designed to run on any UNIX platform.
* abs comes with the ABVisual macro language (compatible with Microsoft Visual Basic).
* abs can exchange data with Microsoft Excel through Visual Basic. All data, formats, drawings, controls and charts are exportable to Microsoft Excel.
* abs is distributed with source code under General Public License.
* abs is under development but already stable enough to be used.
Yes Abs is another spreadsheet program, but Abs is cool because it is a powerful spreadsheet and yet it is very compact -- less than a third the size of Gnumeric.
Despite it's small size, Abs is powerful and easy to use -- it is perfect for older systems. I discovered it while searching for a compact spreadsheet application for my mini live-CD project.
For comparison sake here is the view from TOP:
2236 john 9 0 2648 2648 1892 S 0.0 2.8 0:00 abs
2268 john 9 0 9680 9680 6376 S 0.0 10.2 0:02 gnumeric
2194 john 9 0 34908 32M 28224 S 0.0 35.4 0:14 soffice.bin (OpenOffice/spreadsheet application)