Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: not2easy
The code was copied onto each of the pages the same but some button change both frame pages others just change the main frame page. The buttons also seem to work correctly then don't on the next try.
No error message is appearing on the browser status bar either, which is what is causing me real confusion!!
Any help will be very greatfully accepted.
I'm using IE5.5 and it doesn't work. Try doing this:
From the main opening page click on "What is SMD?" link, then click on the button at the bottom of that page to "Declaration". When I have tried it changes the main page but not the page in the top frame (ie. it doesn't change to read Declaration)
No I haven't changed anything. I have just tried it out & it's not working! The main page changes accordingly but the page at the top should also change to read "Declaration" or whatever doesn't.
I just don't understand this at all!!!!!!!!!
Even after a good nights sleep this is still not getting any better :(
The thing that is really getting to me now is that today it seems like it's different ones that aren't working?????
Any one out there that can help?
>>becuase when I load the page (NN 4.7/Mac), it loads the front page and then immediately loads a .wav file which boots me to a new, blank page showing nothing but the quicktime control bar for the .wav >>
This happened to me once on IE5, I still think the problem might be in this function.
Hopefully someone that knows more then I will weigh in with more advice.
Although it still feels like morning it's actually mid afternoon here!
Hopefully there is someone out there that can help before it drives me completely bonkers!!
I don't think it is connected to the wav file that is causing a probelm with the frames not changing. Although there obviously is some kind of error, I get no error message come up when I go to the site.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of embedded audio in a website for any reason (unless the site is for a band or radio station, etc... and even then it should play 'by request' only.), and if that *is* what's screwing everything else up, it's probably not worth it.
I had a client last year, a rock band, who wanted the kitchen sink and all the appliances on their home page. The code was "correct", but only the fastest machines could deal with it. Slower machines got very confused -- especially when running Netscape, which confuses more easily.
It is the clients wish that the wav file is there and plays automaticaly.
I'll try taking it off for a test anyway to see if it makes any difference & go on from there.
Thanks for all your help, I'll let you know what happens!