Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: LifeinAsia
I curently have 3 clients on first page of Google for a given query, and I can live with that :)
This is what he said in this thread :-
non competence [webmasterworld.com]. Hope he answers soon :)
Do you have more that one SEO customer for a given key word/phrase? If so please explain how you handle the apparent conflict technically and ethically.
I certainly disagree with others here.
Many firms openly sign Anti-Raid (non-competitive) agreements which automatically reduce the effecttiveness of the client's own strategy (two competitors can rank better together than either one alone). But these firms never inform (or are unaware) that this is lost revenue to the clients (whether that be by longer term to fruition or lack of highly visible saturation).
A competitive edge is still a competitive edge -- how many keyword and keyphrases are there - and how other non-aligned competitiors are taking all the other ranked positions that have nothing to do with the client.
A second "informed client" (as well as an "informed first client) means greater revenue for both.
Quite honestly I cannot see that there is a conflict.
1. The top serp on Google has to have 10 results on it for any given term. Those results will appear whether I do the web sites or someone else does.
2. Each client has a completely different web site. There is no question of templates being used.
3. Whilst I am arrogant enough to know/believe that I can deliver first page ranking to any hotel client against a 2 word search term of their town/area and hotel, I am not arrogant to believe that any one of them will necessarily come #1.
4. Each hotel gets the best possible SEO, and clients are more than happy to come on the top page in Google.
5. Next update on Google and positions can waver up or down a few. So hotels relative positions tend to alter.
6. I certainly would have difficulty running a niche web design business if I restricted myself to only 1 per area.
7. Proof of the pudding is many happy clients and no compliants