Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: eljefe3 & skibum

Message Too Old, No Replies

Taxes and international affiliates

12:30 pm on Sep 8, 2005 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:May 18, 2005
votes: 0


I'm an international affiliate agent and I'm trying to register my business to be able to pay taxes in my country. I have a question for US affiliates: do companies that have an affiliate program pay any taxes to the US gov. on the commission sent to their affiliates? Or are affiliates solely responsible for paying taxes?

And a question for both US and international affiliates: how do you handle your taxes? Do you have an LTD type company or do you work as freelancers?


2:13 pm on Sept 8, 2005 (gmt 0)

Full Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Nov 16, 2003
votes: 0

For US affiliates programs, in general, the affiliate program does not withhold taxes from the amount they pay you. However, they do report the amount paid each year to the IRS (US tax agency) in a 1099 form, using the Tax ID you give when you sign up for the program. Under US tax law the affiliate is responsible for paying the taxes himself.
9:36 am on Sept 16, 2005 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:May 24, 2002
votes: 0

no you dont pay any taxes in US whatsoever.

If u get the remmitance to your firm in your country, you pay taxes for the same.

if you open an account in some other country (Non resident account) and route payments there, then you wont even have to pay any taxes in your own country.

Best is to let the money grow in some other country and then route it as a gift from international relative.