Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: werty
A few hours delay like GOOG, or even next day like OVER is acceptable, but how/when do we know stats are updated and accurate?
Can make it hard when you can't follow what you are spending.
Are others seeing this same issue?
Also, none of the reports show conversion stats. The only conversion statistics can be found on the Order page, and keyword page, which makes it very hard to find your keywords that are converting. Really MSN, you need to make it just like Adwords : )
Anyone know how to get keyword conversion statistics in a report?
I hope this is just a reporting glitch. One of my campaigns is indicating that I have already spent $1.00 more than my monthly budget - and this on April 1st! The campaign is configured to divide the budget evenly over the month.
I haven't spent more than a few hundred per day on this campaign, so to spend $XX,XXX in one day is rather amazing, especially given that my web logs show no additional traffic.
Guess it's time to wait 48 hrs to see if I was the victim of a click attack (if I was, the clicks didn't actually hit my web server). We need real-time reporting. Seriously....
And no phone support on weekends....grrr...
In case I wasn't entirely clear, the campaign screen is showing "Budget spent (USD): XXXX1.00 of XXXX0.00" in the blue box at the top.
If this is a reporting glitch....MSN should be ashamed.
there is a way to see your conversions in reports.
1. go to the reports tab. further down the page under "customize this report" you'll see a row called "columns and values".
2. click "show" at the end of the row.
3. under "available values" use the arrows to add conv, conv rate, and cost/conv to the selected values box.
4. run the report and you should see your conversion data.
this doesn't seem like the most intuitive process so i'm going to take this down as feedback that it could be easier to navigate. let me know if that helps.
I've given up on trying to run reports for now. I get annoyed with the lack of intuitiveness and the inability to get anything more current than yesterday. I'm hoping that the next update will include some better reporting.
Please let me know if I'm missing something.
You state you are not having extreme reporting delays...
So, how updated are the click and cost totals shown? For example, are the clicks reported from yesterday accurate? 2 days ago? 3 days ago? What is the cut off to ensure accuracy of reports?
The issue is that if someone wants to try to load high-traffic campaigns - you may have to wait a few days (or more) to even know how much traffic you are driving - this makes it very hard to grow a campaign because you are in the dark. Any insight you can give is appreciated.
How about a statement or notation something such as:
"Click/Cost data is updated thru April 1st 9:58pm PST or something (as an example) - this at least gives us the date/time as to when stats are accurate and up-to-date."
When I asked when updates are run, the rep told me they're "usually run in the evening."
It's not optimal. But it works. Sort of.
All the other reports are days and days behind. That ain't gonna fly for the final release...
On April 1, my monthly campaign spend was shown to be 10's of thousands of dollars on the campaign screen. The following morning, it was reset to a value of a few hundred dollars. Much better!
Still disturbing that it happened in the first place, IMHO. Gave me a heart attack. Seriously.
Be VERY CARFUL if you use the invoices to estimate your costs.
I had a few instances where my invoice balance didn't move for almost a week!
And then it jumped a couple grand in a few days!
That was the extreme.
However, until the past few days, the updating is VERY behind on the invoice.
I added a new order last night, have been getting clicks, but that order almost 24 hours later isn't showing up on the pending invoice. To make matters worse, since I got so many clicks, and wasn't able to determine my ROI, I paused the order and 8 HOURS LATER IT IS STILL RUNNING!