Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: phranque
Anyone know of a good free / under $200 script which may fulfill this requirenment?
I would recommend::
1) Links SQL (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/links-sql/index.htm) as that is the same script that we use on our website (with some modifications though) however the only problem might be, it is about US$ 450.00
2) Links 2.0 [gossamer-threads.com...] , this is the stripped down version of Links SQL and should be alright if you don't plan to grow out of more than few thousand links
3) IndexU [nicecoder.com...] this is also a very good script and costs only US$ 99.00
4) In-Link [in-link.net...] this script could be an ideal solution for you for your budget, as it is very easy to use and it can be bought for US$ 195.00
5) Hot Links v1.1 [hotcgiscripts.net...]
There are many other scripts available in the market, however I have seen above scripts is working and hence thought about recommending them.
Hope this helps.
Just a couple of recommendations for you when buyin a directory script.
Make sure that the output is in static HTML or PHP, nothing worse than a directory that bots cannot spider or give page rank to.
Simple URL's are a must.
Configurable templates are important as running in SSI mode is a drain on server resources.
Price, price price - everything above either costs twice the amount of the specified budget or does not comply to the above mentioned criteria, except for one, hotlinks sql, that is why it was my choice at $70