Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: phranque
I was wondering if MacroMedia themselves might offer some ideas. Surely they must be sensitive to this limitation on their technology, after they've worked so hard to gain market share. But, I just checked out their site, and they certainly don't appear to be optimized. They don't even use description tags and their page titles are often just "MacroMedia"
Any one else with ideas on this? I'm in the "courting" phase with a big client who uses lots of Flash, so this coming onto my radar screen as well.
1. Sort out the kw/kp with the graphics-based text so that there is "real" body copy on the pages. If necessary, create new doorways and use H tags where possible.
2. Use noframes to help spiders get at the food.
3. Create killer titles and tags and position them at the top of the pages.
4. Use 1 pixel gifs kw/kp-rich for site linking and use alt tags too.
5. Use alt tags where possible throughout the site.
6. Create special doorway/hallways to help spiders get to the food.
I have a page with such an element and it hasn't been dropped by anyone so far. But the page isn't well ranked, either. This seems like pretty uncharted territory.