joined:Sept 23, 2008
I have this doubt.
1. we have a domain called www.domainx.com
2. all the website content is under a folder called "blogx" containing a wordpress blog.
3. the folder blogx is under the root of domainx.
4. the .htaccess file has a directive like "DirectoryIndex /blogx" so that every visit to www.domainx.com is redirected towards www.domainx.com/blogx displaying a website according to the contents of the wordpress blog stored under blogx folder.
Having said so,
We would like to change this website behaviour so that whenever any user went to the url called www.domainx.com, then the behaviour was the following:
1. The url seen by the user would not change to www.domainx.com/blogx like I described above but it would keep showing only www.domainx.com
2. The website displayed by the browser would still be the same, that is to say, the wordpress blog stored under the "blogx" folder even though the url seen by the user would be telling just www.domainx.com
Do you know any way to accomplish this? Moreover, do you know anyway that search engines as Google would not penalize?
Thanks a lot