joined:Apr 20, 2004
I have HTML pages that use the Google PDF Viewer to display PDF files from my server. (http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2009/09/embeddable-google-document-viewer.html)
1) html-page-1.html (with ads, logos, etc.)
2) -> download link: pdf-file-1.pdf
3) -> also iframed: pdf-file-1.pdf
Here are my questions:
1) When Googlebot visits, will it spider BOTH the HTML container page AND the iframed/linked PDF file?
2) When that content is included as a Google search result, will the Google link be to the HTML page or to the PDF file or to both, as two results?
In other words, does Google see the parent page as THE page, with the iframed content considered as part of that page, or does Google consider the parent page and the iframed content to be separate pages?
3) Will it even spider the iframe content, at all?
I MUST get Google to index the PDF files, because the HTML container pages don't have any content except for ads, logos and site navigation links.
That being said, my goal is to have Google ONLY display links to the HTML pages, never to the embedded PDF files.
Thanks in advance.