Charter - PHP Server Side Scripting
: PHP Server Side Scripting Category
: Webmaster World Founding Moderator
: jatar_k Moderators
: jatar_k & coopster Former Moderators
: ergophobe, dreamcatcher and eelixduppy
Founded: Split from Perl and PHP CGI Scripting into its own forum June 18, 2003 (roughly 8000 posts)
passed [webmasterworld.com] 15000 posts on Nov 29, 2003
passed [webmasterworld.com] 20000 posts on Mar 1, 2004
passed [webmasterworld.com] 30000 posts on Aug 25, 2004
passed [webmasterworld.com] 40000 posts on Feb 2, 2005
passed [webmasterworld.com] 50000 posts on June 20, 2005
passed 60000 posts on Nov 4, 2005
passed 70000 posts on May 1, 2006
passed [webmasterworld.com] 80000 posts on Nov 27, 2006
passed [webmasterworld.com] 90000 posts on July 4, 2007
passed [webmasterworld.com] 100000 posts on February 4, 2008
PHP has grown by leaps the last few years and is now one of the most widely used and supported scripting languages. PHP is a very powerful and easy to learn language which will help it to continue its growth in the years to come.
Learning PHP [webmasterworld.com]
This forum is specific to the PHP scripting language which is designed to run on the web server in support of website operations.
Posting Guidelines for the PHP Server Side Scripting Forum Fix my code/Do My Homework posts are not all that welcome. This is a discussion board, if you have a problem, try to phrase your post in a manner condusive to discussion of the issue. We want to teach people to help themselves. (Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a life time. Excessive code dumps will be removed. We appreciate that it's often necessary to post code but it is not appropriate to expect other members to debug your whole script. A short snippet that is focused on the problem area is all that is required. General guidelines for posting links in the PHP Forum
Troubleshooting 101 - How much code should I post? [webmasterworld.com]
The site must
- Adhere to the rules set forth in our Terms of Service [webmasterworld.com], especially in regard to promotion (this does not just apply to self promotion). Sites with advertisements and products for sale are looked down upon, as well, and may be removed if needed.
- Have acknowledged accuracy and excellence (be accepted by most authorities that specialize in that topic, or be an authority itself)
- Be highly reliable. We do not want any broken links in the future.
- Contain english content
Allowable site examples:
- any site from References above
- If a link to an open-source repository is needed, sourceforge.net, phpclasses.org, hotscripts.com, freshmeat.net are acceptable.
Unacceptable site examples:
Note: In the end, whether a link stays is up to the moderators of this forum. These are just general guidelines to help you decide before posting and are subject to change. If you have any questions as to whether a link is acceptable please feel free to contact one of the moderators and we will be glad to assist you.