Charter - Google AdWords
Google AdWords Category:
The Google World Moderator:
skibum, eWhisper and buckworks Past Moderators:
mona, Shak (founding moderator grnidone) Founded:
Nov 4, 2002 Resources: Overview
Google AdWords news, AdWords API, and general Google PPC topics.
This forum covers everything about AdWords advertising. The discussions can range from general discussions about AdWords news, working with the Google API, and working with the AdWords system. Posts about writing ads, AdWords display, CPC, and CTR algorithms are welcome.
- Discussions around buying AdWords and optimizing AdWords accounts.
- Writing good ad copy.
- AdWords display on Google and partner sites.
- Display, CPC, & CTR algorithms.
- Changes to the AdWords program.
- Optimizing AdWords conversions through the use of ads and landing pages.
- AdWords keyword research.
- AdWords reporting, tracking, and statistics.
Topics Not Covered:
- Please do not quote emails in messages (see the site Terms of Service for more info)
- Please do not post links to your own site, AdWords addon programs, Tool Sites, or own AdWords examples. These are most often promotional and will be edited without notice.
- Linking to Google.com information pages on the program are welcome.
- Please, no posts to attract the attention of Google employees. If you have something you need to say to them, please contact them through their channels.
- If you post code, please remove any identifiable account information.
- Please do not copy and paste other people's ads. For sample links, please use example.com. For more information on writing example links, please see Proper use of sample links [webmasterworld.com].
Abbreviations and terms you may see in this forum:
- CPM: Cost per 1000 impressions
- CPC: Cost per click
- CTR: Click through rate
- G: Google
- GAW: Google AdWords
- GAP: Google Advertising Professionals
- KW: Keywords
- PPC: Pay per click
- ROI: Return on investment
Google AdWords help (http://adwords.google.com/support/) is set up on a secure page (i.e. https). Google mirrors the non-secure pages (http). Please change all links going to AdWords support to the non-secure page so WebmasterWorld will autolink to the appropriate page.
Proper link: [adwords.google.com...]
Improper link: https://adwords.google.com/support/