joined:June 2, 2006
I'm posting this more to share it and start a discussion as I'm sure it can help many users.
Using Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool. Running a campaign for each country the products are selling in.
So I set it for UK, language English, domain co.uk. The tool comes back showing my ad group from a campaign for Norway, stating how my ad is not showing up. Then it picks the right ad group from UK campaign. The same happens when I switch the tool to, for example, Australia. Again, set the country, language, and the domain, nothing to do with Norway.
Out of 10 tests, wrong campaign would be picked multiple times, 3 or 4 lets say.
Now I wonder, what if this happens in the real life, and Google on the search in UK picks my Norway campaign, and simply does not show my ads due to this error.
Finally, settings in campaigns are plain and simple, single country, single language. target is "People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location." Maybe changing this to "People in my targeted location" could help, not sure. Nevertheless, this is a bug, as in this case settings for Norway are Norway/Norwegian, yet Google keeps picking it for UK and Australia.
Anyway, if running multiple campaigns for multiple locations and languages, it may be wise to test keywords with most impressions.