I've been getting a consistent 30-40 conversions a day for all of 2011. A conversion in my instance is defined as a sign up, defined by a goal in analytics of hitting a thank you page.
I set up conversion tracking to track this goal and waited two weeks for it accumulate data in adwords. I then turned on Conversion Optimizer at the start of this month. Boy was that a mistake. Not only am I paying MORE overall but my conversions have dropped off a cliff to around 12 per day! I used the recommended CPA estimate, if you are curious.
Can I expect this to return to "normal" and improve over time, or should I turn it off immediately . This is certainly costing me money and business.
Here is a screenshot of my Goal conversions in analytics for the past few weeks [mediaspree.com
] As you can see starting Jan 31st, the day I turned on the Conversion optimizer, my goals are WAY down.