Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
The result? Looking at the graph shows I'm 10% up so far this month. The attribution? Reading WebmasterWorld.
I hear it makes you a better lover too.
Funny thing is: Now other advertisers (not adsense guys) are placing ads on the site - more than ever in the past. Too bad I only run this business for the winter half of the year!
(Sorry - had to edit - obviously a first post - but long time lurker)
I started out in the WW Google forum over three years ago. Using totally white hat SEO I have been able to bring all my pages way up in the serps. Usually in the first 10 on 2 word phrases. Of course that help a lot with adsense, amazon and just plain building a huge base of regular visitors.
raises earnings 10%
reading forum since about 4 months.
50% raise my adsense income.
Gained weight and have become lazy. i dont go out as much anymore. saves fuel cost. saves what i used to pay at McDonalds by buy a big one in each drive.
makes u a better lover
my happyness ideas have changed.
>5 cents clicks make me feel sad
5 to 10 cents clicks make me feel ok
10 to 20 cent clicks makes me smile
20 to 50 cent clicks makes me refresh page, calculate epc again
50 cents to 1 dollar clicks makes me have a quick dance by revolving my chair thrice.
my fears have changed.
large ctr makes me think, i check my mail for a kick from adsense.
PSA makes me feel i am doing something good for charity
wanna install a pc even in the loo soon ....
1) Download your CSV file from Google (its above every report you can make) I recommend taking the "All Time" report because if gives a larger sample size.
2) Open Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet application. These instructions are really for Excel, but most spreadsheet packages are similar.
3) Open the CSV file in Excel, you'll have a table of figures.
4) Delete only the column heading marked "Date" (for some reason this messes charts up) (don't delete the entire column or you can't tell what you've done over time!)
5) Delete the rows at the bottom of your sheet that indicate Totals. (otherwise you have a spike at the end of your graph which makes everything else hard to interpret)
6) Highlight column A (should be date) and highlight column B (most likely to be Page impressions) and go to Insert > Chart. Go through the wizard (its really simple) looking at the lovely charts you can make. Settle on the first bog standard line graph. Next, Next, Next, until you hit the part that asks where you want to create it (in the current worksheet- no, or in a new worksheet- yes!) Click Finish and bang! Instant charts.
7) Now repeat for A+C, A+D, A+E and A+F.
8) Save to disk, then print. Analyse, marvel and plot for world domination.
9) Profit! (okay, I had to do that).
To create your own pretty charts, simply follow these quick instructions:
Thank you! I wish there was some "karma" or other way to thank you for this easy, step by step breakdown. I really appreciate you sharing this.
I am now the owner of pretty excel graphs :)
Man, if I printed this out on transparencies and laid them over each other, there are some interesting trends there!
If, like me you figures levelled out for a period and have only just started growing again, or you can't actually see the direction you're efforts are taking you, another handy tip is:
Whilst viewing your chart sheet (whichever one doesn't matter), in Microsoft Excel, go to Chart > Show Trendline and then choose one of the various styles. It places a single line on the chart at an angle.
Let's hope yours is 45 degress pointing upwards, or more!
Now that I see my all time earnings as a line that goes strait up and strait down over and over and over is even more disturbing than checking my earnings mid-day.
I'll never generate the earnings chart again...