Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
My site = widgets
Ad = moon rock cleaning equipment
totally unrealted - I think worthy of noting..
A really 'funny' combo came up on my site this morning which made me think of creating this thread.
Anyway - just wanted to check a that posts like this would not be breaking any forum rules. Any feedback?
Maybe angry Webmasters aren't the only reason why Google is giving "Related searches" a breather. :-)
- ads for Christian dating services on a review of Paul Feyerabend's autobiography Killing Time (could it have been the presence of the words "moral" and "womanizer" on the page?)
- ads for hair loss products on a review of Breadwinning: New Zealand Women and the State (I have no idea with this one)
- on a site where I mention a name of the person, AdSense serves an ad to the software that has the same name as this person, but nothing to do with the topic of the page
- AdSense sometimes shows ads of competitors of gadgets I actually describe on given page, although I am very sure that no keyword related to competitor is present on my page (maybe AdWords advertisers on purpose do it, to show their ads on pages related to competition? I would call it anti-targetting = targetting but exactly opposite to what is given page about - I am not sure whether it is funny or regretful)
- on my pages related to scientific stuff, not at all mentioning anything religious, I see AdSense ads from religious organizations, that seem to be saying "this whole scientific cr~p is nonsense, read about God"
- on one page I was describing certain software program and the AdSense banner has taken literally what this page was about - I cannot betray details, but it was like it: I am describing a game/simulation about managing football team, and AdSense offers me in the banner "buy your kid a good ball and football shoes"... it was funny and tricky.
................ but generally I am quite satisfied with google targetting.