joined:May 13, 2005
I'm looking for options to post about a company that is using unethical methods to get business - actually sending spam to drive visitors to their main sale channel, their website. As an owner of a website in the subject, I'm, too, involved in the industry. They are a major company in the country's industry, I'm just a small fish. I have good evidence at hands to support my claims.
I'd like to publish their bad faith operation hoping that, if they can be exposed enough, they'd cease their spamming. Going the legal way is no option at the moment - even if successul, it'd take way too long to accomplish and also, the spamming company operates in a country different from mine. The media outlets I contacted with the story ignored my approaches or were not interested.
What way/platform would be the best to pick?
- Set up a domain with a website and posting the information there - with or without commenting option?
- Open a blog on wordpress/blogspot/any other (which?) blogging platform and post?
- Posting on Facebook? On my personal wall? On a Facebook page created for this purpose?
- Posting on the forum of the website of a newspaper/media outlet of the spamming country and thus gaining some initial exposure - provided the thread doesn't get deleted?
Things to consider:
- If the issue is posted on third party sites, the disposed company might approach them to take down the content. Should such deletions be expected? Where is it less likely to happen?
- The third party site, if possible, shouldn't be some obscure, never heard of or extremist service - so that the obscureness of the site wouldn't be a retentive factor to visit the site.
- The third party site should have an easy to learn, intuitive service/dashboard for me, as an administrator of the post/thread.
- If a separate website is set up for the issue, the disposed company might approach the hosting provider to shoot it down. If taken down, the site should be moved...
So, what options are there on the internets?