joined:Jan 9, 2010
I have been following webmasterworld for years and i feel-
1. There must be some revenue from ads( you can find ways to chose which ads to show) but subscription fee is not enough for revenue.
2. Though very simple look and feel of the forum has become its USP( just like craigslist), you can still find ways to add some life to it.
3. Yes in the age of twitter and facebook we can just not ignore these things.
4. Not allowing URLs has preventing a lot of spam, helped with quality of posts etc. So we should keep it just like that.
5. Webmasterworld gets the best people in the trade here regularly. So There can be regular votes, opinion polls etc on differnt important issues etc. For example, most people like me would love to know what percentage of people think that site speed is now one of the important factors in google.