I am web dev - but just started dealing with ecommerce. Looking for someone who good experience for objective advice. Can pay bounty.
If you are person for lack of better words "knows their stuff" or has a good amount of experience using different solutions and want to take time to consult me. send me a message. Thanks. Basic Question
- what would be the best app solution for this shopping cart. What is your take on Shopify for this need? *It looks long - but it is only one product/content type.
Trying to figure out best solution. Really was looking to use a shopping cart host like Shopify - reasons.
1) I have worked with open source and there is a lot of up keep that I wanted to shy a way from. (security updates, version updates, DOS attacks, etc).
2) Generally they have a robust and intuitive GUI and Smooth experience. Things I have come to realize on first dev site mock up.
1.Doesn't look as cost effective as I thought and is basically featureless out of the box.
2.Developers are not coming out of the wood work or there busy.
3.Shopify - does not appear to be easy to develop bc simple features requested I have gotten expensive quotes back for. ie. product bundles. Business info:
Sells Sports instructions programs, clinics, and camps. Overall products need
One Content Type or Product Type with the following features. Features Needed: Product/Service Fields
Player info input fields (age, school, name)
Parent info (name, email) note:
It is much like an event - (it currently uses event espresso plugin with wordpress) - but event apps tend to be overkill or do not fit the feature set needed for the products/services. ie. ticketing, seating, etc not needed. So thought could approach it using a traditional shopping cart - instead of an event app. Other Features:
1. Product/Service Dynamic Expiration or Deletion
2. Product Bundles
3. Quantity Discounts
4. Integration with Constant Contact
5. Login Using Social Credentials (ie, google+, facebook, etc)
6. Recurring Event (Product/Service may be for example every Friday for 4 weeks)
7. Prorate or Dynamic Price Adjustment of recurring event/product/service. (ie. a 4 week program would decrease 10% every week until the program ends) Other Desired but Not Required
Logged in Users - Account information can be used to hasten future sign ups.
IE. User can use account information to populate player and parent information - rather than have to fill it out every time. (ie. there account page has player information fields or page. On sign up - cart gives the option to choose child on file to sign up for. )
[edited by: incrediBILL at 5:00 am (utc) on Feb 9, 2014]
[edit reason] URls removed. No site reviews. Please see forum charter and TOS [/edit]