Hi there, have been searching for a while now and I can't seem to find the solution to my specific problem.
I have a site which is roughly split into 3 parts:
1. mysite.com - contains generic pages
2. mysite.com/location1 - contains info about a specific location
3. mysite.com/location2 - same as above but different location
The location specific parts of the site link to subdomains on a 3rd Party transactional site - e.g.
What I want to do is have 3 profiles or 'views' in Analytics:
1. Containing all data (this one I have no problem with!)
2. Tracking all visits to pages on mysite.com/location1 and location1.thirdpartysite.com ONLY
2. Tracking all visits to pages on mysite.com/location2 and location2.thirdpartysite.com ONLY
So, basically, I want to isolate traffic to the subdirectory AND 3rd party subdomain for each location, as if they were a single contained site, and exclude all traffic to the generic pages and the other location.
So far, I have been able to set up 2 profiles - the first pulls in visits to the /location1 subdirectory and the second does the same for the /location2 subdirectory. I am, however, struggling to pull in visits to the 3rd party site as well.
Can anyone help, please? This problem is really killing my first day back in the office!