I am in.
What do you think of it so far?
I am still waiting for my invite )c:
Much better, but you'll have to decide for yourself.
I think you will be happy.
I've got mine now too, seems a lot easier to use already.
Is geotargetting available?
i'm in, it's definitely easier but I need to play with it for a good week before I can tell if I like it. first impression - not really sexy but it does what they said it would. not super-intuitive....
I'm still waiting for an invitation but didn't get anything.
did you get it by email, or was there a message when you logged in to your account?
How fast is the editorial process for this new system?
A few questions:
1) Is there still an editorial process or do new listings go live immediately?
2) Are there still just 2 match types? Standard and Advanced?
3) Can you see competitors' bids when setting a bid? If not is there any other way to do this other than with the bid tool from the www.overture.com serps? If not how do you know what to bid to obtain a certain position?
Haven't got to the main editorial process yet because the 3rd party upload feature needs some work (or documentation). But I will say that the "8 hour" upgrade process was more like 2-4. Just for your planning purposes, that was my experience.
I was upgraded 2-3 days before....
process time to upgrade = 1 hour.
SURPRISE : There is no security code to login into account.
Also, it is having a different login URL (http://login.marketingsolutions.yahoo.com).
Has all the features that was promised but have to see how much it works.
1. Still they have retained "Match Types" as Standard/Advanced.
2. But the new thing is "Tactics" (Sponsored/Content Match).
3. We can have multiple ads for each ad groups(yep! the same name as in adwords).
4. Campaign budget
5. Geo-targeting, based on Country/State/City/Province or Zip-code.
6. Ads have CTR/impressions/clicks and QUALITY INDEX.
7. Avg. Position, it depends on the quality index
8. Ads have two versions : Small(70 chars limit) and Long(190 chars limit).
9. All the tabs include graphical representation of impressions/clicks/cost.
10. Also has some features to keep a watch on adgroups or keywords called "Watch List" and some "alerts".
11. the account will have a "dashboard" which will give campaign details i.e account level overview.
All i can see adwords packed in nice GUI with some extra features.
Give feedback or other info that i have missed.
My comments on Panama:
1) Looks much like google now, same terminology even (campaigns, adgroups), which is great BUT:
2) Editorial process seems to suck bad as ever. Entered some keywords into the system 3 days ago or so, and they're still pending editorial review.
Seems to be a better interface, but did not accomplish what I was hoping for yet. Step 1 should be the ability to import my google campaigns. I gave up on Overture due to lack of performance while my Google campaigns added 100's of Ad groups. The new Yahoo can not import based on their website info and a few phone calls that I have made to them. They say it is in the works, but they have no ETA. Wouldn't you think this would be one of the first tools built to increase revenue at Yahoo?
|Step 1 should be the ability to import my google campaigns. |
I wonder if that would be all kosher with Google's T&Cs...