|Jordo needs a drink|
| 11:21 pm on Dec 13, 2006 (gmt 0)|
No one else has seen this?
I ended up having to get rid of the html sup tags and use css to get the sup effect on the page. That seemed to work ok, because now the pages show up fine when viewing their cache's.
| 12:27 am on Dec 14, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Yup, I see the same problem in an even simpler context. I'm using markup like <sup>1</sup> in <ul><li> text (not linked as in your example) for citation lists on some old pages, and it renders on the cached page as:
This is sort of the opposite of what you're seeing; In your case it was the </sup> closing tag that got changed to HTML character-entities. In my case, it was the opening <sup> tag. Because of this difference in our applications, it looks like a problem handling <sup>s nested within other tags.
So that's a confirmation of what appears to be a fairly straightforward bug.
| 8:49 pm on Dec 15, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Can you send me a few examples of this post the recent update we did so we can diagnose this and fix it.
| 9:22 pm on Dec 15, 2006 (gmt 0)|
i've also noticed issues with having an inline style tag inside the <a> tag
if the style is in front of the href part of the tag, then the cache spits out the whole <a> tag instead of showing a link.(not sure if you use the cache to spider or count links...if so, that could be a major issue with your link part of the algo)
i will look for and sticky you an example.
| 10:41 pm on Dec 21, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Thanks for the examples we are looking into this.